Thursday, January 31, 2008

Peer Review

Yesterday's peer review session was very helpful. It is nice to be in a class where people actually tell you what they like and don't like about your paper instead of just saying, "good job." I got a lot of feedback that I will be able to put to good use once I bring myself to look at my paper again (after staying up all night to write it, I don't want to see it until at least Sunday). My only complaint is that we have to answer specific questions during peer review. I think it is nice to have a few general questions to guide readers into making helpful comments, but I would have liked it better if we had more time to focus on what needs help the most instead of answering questions. There were specific things that I wanted to talk about during peer review that I ran out of time for. However, in most situations I guess questions are what lead people away from saying "good job" and stopping there. Anyways I found the overall session very helpful. Now if only I could find someone to help me type my paper, then I'd be golden.

No comments: