Sunday, February 3, 2008

Grammar Snobs...the fun continues

I just finished reading chapters 8-15, and I have some mixed feelings. On the one hand, I feel a lot better about my own lack of grammar knowledge after reading so many sections over the "anarchy" occurring in our language. Apparently my instinct to always wonder who was making these grammatical decisions and why they got to do so, was not in vane. I feel more confident knowing that even the grammar snobs among us are making things up as they go along. On the other hand, however, these particular chapters offered little in the way of improving my grammar/teaching me anything. Not that I minded, I wasn't really in the learning mood when I read them, I was just expecting more lessons like in the beginning of the book. C'est la vie I suppose.

On a side note, chapter 15 is pretty much my life in a nutshell. At least the part about feeling like a moron watching Jeopardy. I am convinced that show is on air for the sole purpose of ticking me off.

No comments: