Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Break Recap

Well break is officially over, but on the upside I think we only have 7 weeks left. I worked on my paper 2 for this class over break...it ended up turning into a little website because I got tired of looking at Word. I think I may have made this assignment a little harder than it was intended to be, but I got through it (19 pages of text and web design later). I'm not sure how peer evaluation is going to go, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

In other English/break news, I discovered this weekend that my major (English, writing and rhetoric) does not qualify me to do what I thought it did (work at Sylvan Center/perhaps teach ESL??). As luck would have it, turns out I need a teaching license and therefore teaching degree...didn't see that coming. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about this as of right now (aside from kick myself). I was hoping that majoring in Writing and Rhetoric along with my experience tutoring at the Writing Center and Learning Center would be enough to get my foot in the door until I could get my Masters in teaching. Wrong. Anyways, lazy/awful as this may be, I'm not sure I even want my Masters anymore... I'm sort of getting burnt out on school. I feel like I'm putting in a lot of effort when I really don't have a clear idea of what I'm even working for, and I sometimes think I'm just wasting my time trying to figure it out. How is it that everyone already knows what they want to do with their life?

I swear I had a much less depressing break than it sounds (maybe not much less...I was in an Ohio blizzard for a while). I just wish this semester would be over and somehow magically things would figure themselves out.

No comments: